XC-72 - Full Black
New Balance XC-72 - Full Black
The new XC-72 pushes its classic sources of inspiration even further into unexplored territory, with a time-bending design inspired by the speculative technological optimism of 1970s concept cars. Three distinctive traction outsole patterns and angular features are employed to give the familiar low-cut sleekness of the era’s running shoes an aggressive, experimental edge. The XC-72 is the future that the past dreamed about, come to life.
Fit: US Men's Sizing / D Width
- Upper: Chromfree Pig Suede/Crinkle Nylon
- Lining: Synthetic
- Sole: Blown rubber
- Vertically split outsole features two hard ground traction designs the XC15’s ‘gripper’ and the 375’s studded pattern
- Stability heel clip featuring the 620s herringbone outsole pattern
- Suede and recycled mesh upper with recycled content in N logo, lace and lining
- Rubber outsole with 5% recycled content
- Single-layer microfiber tongue
- Squared toe shape inspired by 1970s concept car designs
Style Code: UXC72SC
Designed in the USA / Made in China
Founded right back in 1906 by English born William J. Riley, New Balance started out in the business of comfy supportive shoes for the working class. By the time the 50s hit they had become so widely known that athletes from all over were requesting tailor-made shoes, introducing New Balance the performance footwear brand. By the time the 80s and 90s arrived they were a household name providing footwear to everyone from the athletes, workers and streetwear enthusiasts that still wear them today.